The original post can be found here: Debt Free
You know, I’m a real person with a real life and a real story…just like you. You can learn a little about me (and Katy) by reading Our Financial Success Story at http://daviscoachingsolutions.com . But that is only a quick overview of a small part of who we are. As a blogger or author, it’s actually kind of difficult to find your authentic voice and not “put on a show.” But I don’t want to come across as a watered-down version of myself, and I want you to have a good feel for who I really am.
So to help you get to know me a bit better, here are:
25 Things You Don’t Know About Me!
1. I have a large blended family…1 birth-brother, 4 step-brothers, 1 step-sister, 1 adopted sister, and 1 “unofficially adopted” sister. It’s great to have so many people to love. But it adds up to a lot of birthday parties, Christmas presents, and family events. By the way…Katy has 3 birth-sisters and 1 adopted sister.
2. I spent 4 years in ministry work in San Diego, CA, and 2 years as a youth minister in Texas.
3. I play guitar…well, I play well enough to fake it. Katy always tries to get me to play for her. So I picked up the guitar a couple of weeks ago and realized that I have lost all my calluses, so my fingers were nearly bleeding. Also, at different times I have taken violin and piano lessons.
4. I was a professional wrestler. As a boy growing up, I had always been a huge fan, and becoming a professional wrestler had always been a dream of mine. So, for 1 ½ years I wrestled with a small, local wrestling organization.
5. I have a 1973 Ford Mustang Mach-1. It needs some work and hasn’t been driven in a few years. But it’s one of those things that us guys know is still a big deal.
6. American Idol and America’s Got Talent are my guilty pleasure shows. I think it’s my secret desire to be a rock-star or magician. I can’t miss these when they’re on.
7. I was hit by a car. When I was in 7th grade, I was run over by a car on the way to a high school football game. The car ran a red light, and just kept going. They never caught the driver, but I ended up having to have my ankle reconstructed. I’m very blessed that it wasn’t way worse.
8. Katy and I had the pleasure of swimming with dolphins on our honeymoon. I was never a huge fan of Flipper, but this was one of the cooler experiences of my life. I highly recommend it.
9. I was named after Clint Eastwood. Go ahead…make my day.
10. For several years I was involved in 3 forms of martial arts: Tae Kwon Do, Ishinryu, and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
11. I’m an irritable driver. When I’m driving, I regularly talk (gripe) to the other cars. I get frustrated easily in heavy traffic. This is something I’m working on.
12. I generally don’t enjoy the outdoors. My idea of camping is at least a 4 star hotel. Ok, maybe I can rough it a little more than that, but most of my good times happen indoors.
13. I recently ate my first vegan meal. It was surprisingly tasty, but I definitely don’t plan to give up meat any time soon. I love a good steak.
14. I love Mexican Food. Katy and I usually eat some type of Mexican food 2-3 times per week…mostly homemade (I guess cheese enchiladas aren’t exactly vegan friendly either).
15. I love seeing someone pursue their best life. The part of ministry that I really have missed is having the opportunity to regularly contribute to people’s lives in a meaningful way. That’s why I love coaching.
16. I am generally uninterested in sports. It’s fun to sit around with friends and watch the Super Bowl, and we will catch a Texas Rangers game occasionally. But watching sports isn’t usually the way I like to spend my time.
17. The majority of my beverage consumption consists of Sprite Zero and coffee. I know…I know…there are many people out there preaching the evils of diet soda. And I know too much coffee can be bad as well. I am trying to cut down and drink much more water.
18. I would much rather cook than clean. This often works out since Katy doesn’t mind cleaning. So often I’ll cook while she cleans.
19. I love speaking to large groups. I feel much more comfortable speaking in front of thousands than I do speaking to 5.
20. I am not a fan of a hot or cold climate. My dream climate is 70 degrees, all day every day (for example, San Diego, CA). Unfortunately, Texas doesn’t offer this. But I still love living in Texas.
21. I have worked on a farm, in a bowling alley, at Petco, and as a School Bus driver.
22. I like to expand people’s minds on a particular subject, and thoroughly enjoy when people are able to do the same for me.
23. I have preached 2 funerals. In both cases, I did not actually know the deceased.
24. Katy and I got married only 10 months after we began dating. We knew it was love from the beginning.
25. I’m surprised at how easy it was to complete this list. I thought I would have a much harder time coming up with this many somewhat-interesting things about myself. I highly recommend you give it a try, especially if you have your own blog or journal.
26. I like to do more than is expected. Remember the title of this post?
27. I always want to create content that is genuinely helpful to our readers. I know it’s still early, but I’d love to know what you think of the content so far, so leave us your comments. Also, if you have any questions about your finances, budget, or debts, leave those in the comments and I will likely write a post about it in the very near future. I really do appreciate your feedback.
Yours In Freedom,
Join the conversation…what is something remarkable about you that most people don’t know?
25 Things You don't Know About Me
May 3rd, 2011 at 01:44 pm